Week One Down

My daughters started school this week. For some reason it seems to me that kids are starting school earlier in the year than when I was going to school. I have the feeling that it was closer to Labor Day that we went back. Oh, well. They go back when they go back. I have a kindergartner and a first grader. If you read the last blog post, you'd know how amazingly blessed I am to even be able to say that. This was a very interesting week to say the least. First off, I had uniform skirts that I had bought last school year for my oldest that were too big for her last year (still are actually, she's a tall and lean child) but about a month ago were just the right size for my youngest one. ABOUT A MONTH AGO! Oh Mary, Mother of God, the WEEK before school started, the Holy Spirit told me to try them on her again. They fit, but they wouldn't for any long period of time. They were snug! This girl is growing at a pace that is unbelievable to me. I had already planned to get her the plaid jumper designated for her school anyway so I wasn't too concerned but I still had to get a couple of skirts as well. That was not planned for. Because my oldest hasn't grown much and since I bought her jumper a bit larger than needed last school year, I didn't need to get her one, I would just get it out of the closet to let her wear it. WRONG! At this point, I would not know if it were too big, too small, if it changed colors or what. Why? Because the same elf that takes the socks out of the dryer on laundry day has somehow waddled up the steps into the closet and has taken my daughter's jumper. I cannot find it anywhere. REALLY?? SERIOUSLY? (Insert explicative here).  No worries...seriously. I had a back up plan for her as well. Those skirts that I was going to let the youngest one wear...the oldest is wearing! WINNING!!!! I also had to order the ties that they need because the store that I had to get them from because they were out (BTW, there's only one store in the whole city that sells the uniform specific to the school that my children go to). I guess that's my own fault because I waited until the weekend before school started to get all uniform clothes.

My youngest girl, is excited as any kindergartner can be to be a kindergartner, going to a school where she can ride the yellow but, wear a uniform, and sport a blinged out Minnie Mouse backpack. THIS WEEK, waking her up at 7:00 in the morning has not been an issue but because I know my baby is not a morning person, I'm sure we will surely have our mornings where there will be frustration on both of our parts waking her up. My oldest girl, she's an early riser. When she wakes up on her own. When MADE to wake up, not of her own free will, she can be a little interesting. The cocoon of warmth that swaddles her through the night holds her captive and she does NOT want to leave it. The fastest way to wake her up is to literally pull the covers off, otherwise she'll bury herself even deeper into the covers and she won't come out. Mornings are fun!

The first week has been good. EVEN THE BUS HAS BEEN ON TIME!!!! I cannot wait for the next week and those that follow. Even if I am unemployed, my full time job as mommy never stops and I thank God that He has allowed me this gift, even on days that are frustrating. I also am glad that the people around us are there with my husband and I, supporting our children, lifting them up, and keeping them grounded all the time.

God is too good for word!

Be blessed. Be bold. Be beautiful.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unfriended

He Sees The Best In Me