God's Greatest Gift to Me

I was 7 months pregnant when I got married. Yes, I put the cart before the horse but I was engaged when I got pregnant and the sacrament of reconciliation is an amazing gift of God's grace. What is so cool about my being pregnant in my wedding g dress is the fact that I was pregnant at all.

In my early twenties, I was told by doctors that because of the irregularities in my monthly installment of being born a woman, I might not be able to have children. Because of other issues that I had, I was further told that if I WERE to become pregnant then I would probably miscarry. I had written off the idea of having children. I had accepted the idea that I would not have children. I was okay with that.

When I learned that I was pregnant, I thought God was playing tricks on me. I had several conversations with Him, wondering if He knew who He was entrusting another life with. Then, after all those midnight conversations about actually being pregnant, I became overwhelmingly scared. Didn't the doctor tell me in previous years that if I were to get pregnant, I could possibly lose my child?

It was a LONG 9 month. My blood pressure was constantly high and first trimester morning sickness lasted almost the whole pregnancy. I was put on bed rest the last two weeks of my pregnancy, which was right before Christmas break at the school I was teaching so I had to over prepare for my sub.

After 27 hours of labor on December 19, 2008, I gave birth by C-section to a beautiful little girl named Jeilah Victoria. She was perfect. She was a living, breathing testimony to what God has for me is for me.

Seventeen months and a day later, I gave birth to another beautiful little girl, Jamyah Terrell. This pregnancy was harder than the other but again, God showed me that His love for me is more than I could ever ask for.

I know people who might have been told the same thing as I was. That they couldn't have kids or they might have a hard time getting, being, and staying pregnant. Just know that when God says yes, there is nothing and I mean NOTHING that man can tell you. I'm a living witness to that not once but twice over. I love being their mother. On Tuesday they will be starting school and I'm over the moon excited by what they will learn, and how they will be learning not only about their ABCs but about God's love for them and all of His creation (they will be going to Catholic school). God is good all the time and all the time God is good. AMEN.

Be blessed. Be bold. Be beautiful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unfriended

He Sees The Best In Me