Still Fearless365

In November of 2015, I wrote a brief description of the full title of this blog. For those of you who are new to this journey with me, allow me to give you the title to this here masterpiece in its totality:

God Know My Heart but My Sister Has My Bail Money

I invite you to read I'm Not Going To Jail. In this post, it will tell you about the church ladies, church ladying (iykyk). They didn't understand the title or why I, Youth minister, Religion Teacher, choir member, Ladies Auxiliary member, would even NEED bail money. They were not impressed and had their own opinions about it. 

In finally publishing my first collection of poetry, I've really had to remember the sentiment behind what has become a life motto. I am not perfect, but God is and has positioned people in my path that will continually support me and ultimately help me help myself. 

The synopsis on the back of The Atmosphere gives a pretty clear indication to the reader that they are going to journey down a 'raw and raunchy; sometimes vulgar timeline' of my crazy ass life.  

One of the reasons I was so scared to finally publish my art was because I've been so afraid of the reactions of the 'church folk'. I wasn't sure how to reconcile the girl they see me as and the woman that I am. I am not a monolith. I am more than what they think of me. I am more than they see.

I was stuck in fear when I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the the Bible tells us to not be afraid 365 times. That's a reminder to me to be fearless every day. 

I'm trying my best to walk in a freedom that my daughter's want to emulate. I always want them to move in their truth and to be proud of it. I want them to not give a flying f**k about how others react to their true essence.


I want them to fully understand for themselves the humility of knowing that God knows their hearts and innermost thoughts as well as the strength of knowing that their sister has their back...

Or bail money if needed.

WE WALK IN FAITH NOT FEAR!!! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unfriended

He Sees The Best In Me

Jobless not Worthless