A Beautiful Frisson


I just went to Google and typed "is there a word that means excited and nervous at the same time?" The word that popped up was frisson.

A frisson is a thrilling shiver.--vocabulary.com

I think that is the best way to explain how I'm feeling right now. I've not taken the time out to blog in quite some time. Right when I thought I would start again life hit me with a combo that knocked me out for a little while. So here I am again, putting my heart on the line, hoping that these words can connect to something tangible.

In the next few days, I will have a collection of poetry published. It will be produced and hopefully consumed in mass which also causes a sense of frisson. While there isn't a coincidence between my finally coming back home to this blog and my book coming out; I know that it's time that it's time for BOTH. 

I've learned so much in the last few years and I want to share it. I think it would be selfish to sit on the gifts that God has given to me. Living my life in a way that might be able to help someone else, is a gift. That's how I see it at least. So here I am again allowing myself to be vulnerable and open to judgement and the opinions of others in the hops that at least ONE person other than myself, gets something out of it. 

I need something from you though. My goal is to make sure that I tap you into this beautiful frisson that is going on in my life at LEAST once a week. If you know me, you know that I get so wrapped up in my own head that I make one excuse after the other as to why I cannot or will not be able to to this. So please, comment, share, or go back and read something from old blogs because I'll be reminded that I need to sit and take the time to be present in my OWN life sometimes. Show me that you rock with me and much as I rock with you! 


Be blessed. Be bold. Be beautiful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unfriended

He Sees The Best In Me

Jobless not Worthless