I'm Not Going to Jail

The fact that I've named this blog what it is named is not indicative of the fact that I will somehow need bail money. It does not mean that I'm living the life of some thug and my mugshot will be splattered all over the news because I've done something that will cause my bond to be so high that the only way it could be paid is with the blood of a lamb on a altar on a high mountain somewhere. I know that I've said this before but the way that some people in authority are abusing their 'power,' I do not think I want to have a run in with them anyway. I know my attitude. I know my mouth. I know that I can be a bit arrogant and I do not want the combination of those things to land me not only in jail but possibly body bruised in the name of justice...but I digress.

I was talking with some women from church about a week ago and I was telling them the name of my blog and about some other things that I will be using my writing skills for. When I told them them the name they didn't quite get it. I tried to explain to them that it's about me knowing that I have an attitude, a sassy mouth, and a whole host of other things that would and could be considered as flaws. I told them and I'm telling you now that I gave this blog this name because I know two things automatically about my life: 1. God knows my heart. He knows me by name. He knows the number of every hair on my head. He created me. He LOVES me. I know that because He knows my heart, I sometimes have to come to Him with a contrite heart. I have to come to Him asking for forgiveness when my heart, head, and mouth don't seem to match with what He would have me to do or be. 2. I know that my sister, Nedia, is my best friend in the whole wide world. When God was doling out sisters, I think He gave me a pretty cool one. Like any great best friend, she reminds me of my God given greatness even when I sometimes don't remind myself (which seems to be often). IF by chance that I do get in some kind of trouble, she'll be there to bail me out of it. She'll help get me out of a jam. Just last night she loaned me $20.00 so I could get my morning cup of coffee and lunch for today. It might have been her last $20.00 but she gave it to me. I love that girl!

So, no, I'm not going to jail. At least I don't plan on it. I don't think my sister will have to literally put her coins together to post a bond to bail me out of jail. In the event that it does happen, I know that I can go to God who knows my heart asking for forgiveness and grace. I can also call my sister collect to let her know I need some assistance. God knows my heart but my sister has my bail money. I think that's a winning combination.

#sprinklesareforwinners  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unfriended

He Sees The Best In Me