Moments of Joy

It seems like forever since I've done this. Life has been hectic. I'm still trying to figure out if it has been a good hectic or not. I do know that depression sucks. For about a week and a half, I was so overwhelmed by it that the thought of getting out of bed caused anxiety. When I did get out of bed, putting on clean clothes was a major accomplishment. It sucked the life out of me for a solid week and a half. Yes, I still deal with it but I'm learning to savor the little moments that are joyfilled. Depression can sometimes overshadow those small moments. There have been some GREAT things going on in my life though that I want to share with you, Here's a list:

1. I got a job! It is an assignment that will last until the end of the year. While it is only a few months, it is a job that could lead to a longer lasting job and this job will allow me to help people help themselves.

2. I've been asked to be a guest speaker for a young adult speaking series in the fall called Theology on Tap. I'm not an expert on the topic that I've been asked to speak about but I've been asked to speak from the my own experience and how it relates to my faith. I think I can do that. That's what this blog is really all about.

3. JJ, my eldest daughter got selected for Student of the Month. This is a pretty big deal because she, along with students from the PreK-1st grade, get to eat a special lunch with the Vice Principal. There was an award letter sent home and everything! I am so proud of the accomplishments of both of my girls.

4. Every time I see my nephewson RJ (he's my sister's son but he's like my own child), he lights up and yell "Auntie Home!" It makes me smile. If you were to meet him, he'd make you smile as well. It is certainly a gift of his.

5. I've been spending more and more quality time with my dad. He's so cool. I'll admit it has taken me a while to realize just how amazing he really is, but I'm glad I've taken the time to realize it.

These are examples of simple moments of joy in my life that I often times don't acknowledge or can't acknowledge because depression and anxiety cloud my thinking and take up so much space in my head. I'm working on being able to savor these moments more and more. I'm trying ever so hard to see these moments as God given gifts that were specially designed for me by Him so that I never allow myself to get so lost in my depression.

Are you missing moments? Are you allowing all the other stuff in your life get you so down that you can't find the good? Don't worry. I understand it. I know what it is like.There are times when the weight of a thousand tons are on your shoulders. Even if you don't suffer from depression and anxiety as I do, there are times when there is just so much negative around you that you sometimes forget to find the joy. I want to encourage you to not only find it, but savor it. Drink those moments in and allow them to last just a little while longer. These moments are God given. He knows your heart. He loves you. He wants you to savor the joy. I know I'm trying ever so hard to do so.

Be blessed. Be bold. Be beautiful.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unfriended

He Sees The Best In Me