I'm My Own Kind Of Beautiful


I saw this in a store one night when I was feeling awful about life. My anxiety was on ten and I could not for the life of me figure out what I was in the store for to begin with. I have moments like that. Have you? If so, just know that you are NOT alone. Anyway, I walked past this and as I stood there in the aisle reading this, I cried...

In a world of perfect waists, firm backsides, ample bosoms, and everything Kardashian, it can be difficult to look in the mirror love who you are. I mean really?!

That night, while standing in the store, not knowing what I was in the store for, I cried and cried and cried thinking that God put this sign in an aisle that I was not supposed to be in. He wanted me to know that in a world where pretty fades, a beautiful soul lasts. Being made in the image and likeness of God is not a small thing to take in. It's like He took the time out of His busy schedule to mold me and make me and shape me. The old adage is that God don't make no junk and BAAAABBY LISTEN, I know for sure I ain't junky at all. I'm my own kind of beautiful. I'm full of spunk. I dammit, I like who I am... (most days, I'm still a work in progress).

Be blessed. Be bold. Be beautiful.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unfriended

He Sees The Best In Me