Living Life Boldly

Today, I celebrate my 33rd birthday! Happy birthday to me! Happy Birthday to me! Happy birthday to me! Happy birthday to me! Yes, I just sang the birthday song to myself. So what? You probably to do it too. I must say, I love my birthday. For me, it's not a matter of getting gifts (although they are ALWAYS accepted) or going out for drinks (although a glass of wine is ALWAYS nice). For me, my birthday is time to truly appreciate the fact that I'm able to celebrate my life. In the last few years, there have been too many times when I thought that my life was not worth living. There were too many times that I thought that the stuff in my life was too much for me to deal with. Last year I CRIED all day on my birthday because I was so stuck in a depressive episode that I couldn't appreciate the fact that God had given me another year to say THANK YOU!!! I live with depression and anxiety. I have to go through it sometimes (sometimes way more than I'd like but such is life). I also know that at this moment, on my 33rd birthday; the age that Jesus was crucified, I'm actively declaring that I will do my best to live life out loud and boldly. I'm choosing love and light. I LOVE my birthday. Why? Because it reminds me that I am here. Even though I have had some really rough moments and will probably, more than likely have many more, I'm choosing life. I'm actively seeking the good in myself. Today, on my birthday, my gift to you in to encourage you to love life fully. To be live a blessed, bold, and beautiful life.  Know that God knows you. He knows your heart. Know that even if you can't see it, or choose not to see it, you've got people in your life that love you and have your back. They may even bail you out of your own mess. It's my birthday, let's all just celebrate life!!!


Be blessed. Be bold. Be beautiful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unfriended

He Sees The Best In Me