Friendship

I've been thinking a lot about friendship lately. There are times when I feel like I'm the worst friend in the world. A while ago, I pointed out that I'm a bit of a flake. I stand by that. I also stand by the fact that those who are my FRIENDS know that about me and love me anyway.

The other night a friend of mine needed some sista girl time. I got in my mama's minivan and rushed over there (TRYING to abide by speed limits). I didn't have to say much to her and she didn't need to say much to me. It was just good to be in her presence and I'm almost certain the feeling was mutual.

I am so humbled by the people in my life. They are truly a blessing to me. There are times when I'm sure that I would be stuck in my own head had it not been for them. They all bring something different to my life and for that I am eternally grateful. Good friends are important to me because they bring out the best in me and inspire me to be better. I've got a friend who is starting her own consulting business. She will be working with young people on matters of self-esteem, mental health, and the love of God in their lives. I'm unbelievably proud to say that I know her. You see, that's what friends do, they celebrate in your accomplishments. They don't get jealous.

True friendship is the definition of Corinthian's definition of love.


Be blessed. Be bold. Be beautiful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unfriended

He Sees The Best In Me