Jobless not Worthless

Sometimes I just want to get a staple gun and about 100 of my resumes and staple them on telephone posts scattered throughout the city hoping that someone somewhere will see it and know how awesome I would be in their company. I have been unemployed for seems like ages but in reality it has only been a little over a year. I left my last job at a Religion Teacher because I felt a tug on my spirit telling me to move on. I followed the tug and I'm patiently waiting for it to land me in the place where I'm supposed to be. It is difficult sometimes not to feel worthless when you are a married mother of two who does not contribute financially to the household. It's easy to feel like you're bringing nothing to the table. I've had about 4 job interviews in the last month or so to no avail. I've got another one today. Sometimes, just sometimes, I find myself wondering "What the hell is wrong with you Nanci?" Then I hear the Holy Spirit tell me, "what I have for you, is just for you." It helps me out most times but it is a hard concept to understand when I'm applying for positions that on the surface I personally think I'm qualified for and have not even gotten a call back for many of them. What IS for me then? Rejection is hard. It sucks raw eggs. My value and worth is not wrapped up in my having a job. It is not wrapped up in my inability to help pay the bills (though it would make life a whole lot less stressful).

I am beautifully and wonderfully crafted and made in the image and likeness of God. Because of this likeness, my value and worth comes automatically. If you have been searching for work, that pays a living wage, that can help you cover real world expense, just know that what is you is yours. There is NOTHING wrong with you. There is NOTHING wrong with me. God knows our hearts. For those of us who know His grace in our lives know that provision is always around. We bring value and worth to our own experience. Do not give up.

Benjamin E. Mays said "Every man and woman is born to do something unique and something distinctive and if he or she does not do it, it will never be done." We are called to do something and we will do it if we get paid to do it or not. We are jobless not worthless!  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unfriended

He Sees The Best In Me